1) Make The Subscriber Feel Special – Make it as though they are in an exclusive group that no one else is in. Offer information, products, pre-sales, etc. before the public is able to get it. By making the subscriber feel special they will be more excited to read each email and less likely to ever unsubscribe.
2) Ask for some kind of Feed Back – If you are genuine and not too pushy about asking for feedback or help most subscribers are absolutely happy to respond.
3) Use Social Media as Proof for Your Business or Product – Self Validation via Social Media is a growing trend. Per Kiss Metrics over 70% of Americans say they look at a review or testimonial of a business or product prior to making a purchase and over 60% indicated that they are much more likely to purchase from a site that has high reviews or ratings. (Never take your Google+ / Yelp / Angie’s List ratings for granted they can help land new business)p. If you have a number or percentage to share of how many people like your product it will help in validating your company.
4) Make Conversions a Habit – Whether it be asking them to follow you via social media or upselling / upgrading always make each email about some sort of conversion rather than just information.
5) Include Downloads – Everyone loves free stuff especially when it is quality or informational. The subscribers are 43% more likely to click on an email that has attachments.
6) Use the Same Subject Line – While everyone is thinking what are you talking about use the same subject line it is actually an unconventional method that has been proven to work if your subscribers trust you and your brand. This is especially true with receipt emails, notification emails, but it is also effective for newsletters and marketing.
7) Use Referral Codes – Everyone needs new business and if you don’t you are most likely not reading this blog. Everyone wins when it comes to referrals the business and the person who refers. According to the website ReferralCandy, over 80% of truly satisfied customers are willing to refer a business or product however less than 1/3 actually do. By incentivizing the satisfied customer you are much likely to get more referrals. Referrals are one of the best ways to eain new business.
8) Go Overboard with value – Think carefully about your subscribers niche because it can be too much for those who are not truly involved or love your product but the audience that does will absolutely embrace it. (not for everyone)
9) Leverage Power from Partners’ Branding – Using the branding of partners’ that is integrated into your service or product can help you accelerate your own authority.
10) Make People Happy – If you aren’t in the position to give things away. Say nice things. Give uplifting stories. There is enough negative try to be a positive thing that they can read and the response towards your emails and your business will be greater.